Sunday, June 17, 2007

My Guilty Pleasure




I (along with more than half of the world) am incredibly anxious about this July. On the 13th, the fifth installment of the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, will be premiering nation-wide. This book was even darker than it's predecessor so I'm very excited to see what director David Yates has done with it. The other movies were good. But did not meet my expectations. I guess there is no way they can touch the books. I just find myself annoyed with how much has been omitted for time's sake. I personally wouldn't mind camping out in front of a Potter flick for 5 hours. But when I take the position of someone who hasn't read the books or been a devoted reader and fan of them, the movies go from good to phenominal. So I guess I can't be too picky.




AND on the 21st, the FINAL installment of the series will be hitting shelves. My copy will be meeting no shelf. It will go from the delivery stack STRAIGHT to my hands. I will be at my Barnes & Noble at midnight (having arrived hours before ofcourse) awaiting Harry's and MY fate. It's bittersweet really. I'm both terrified and anxious to read what that book contains. I know for a fact (and I've apologized to my boyfriend, family, and friends) that I wont leave my room until that book is read and my mourning is over. I feel so dorky for going on like this, but Harry Potter has been a passion of mine since I was in the 5th grade. I have devoted 7 years of my life to obsessing over J.K. Rowlings masterpieces. But I suppose that I always have two more movies to look forward to. And rumor has it that the final one wont be released until I'm a sophomore in college..atleast. I have a couple of years to hang on to Harry.

No comments: