Sunday, November 25, 2007

Tic Toc...

By now, I have heard the word college more times than a, an, and the. I've worked hard, but that doesn't change where I will be attending college. My mom just got finished shelling out money for my sister who will graduate in two weeks, so I'm stuck here. If I attend the university she wants me to, my tuition will be paid for with scholarships. I don't mind. I understand. This school has an excellent science department which is what I need for my career path. I know I'll have enough on my plate with school and a job.

Besides, I honestly don't mind staying here. It's my home and I do better with familiarity. My family, my home, and some of my friends will still be here. I really don't think I'm ready to grow up and move too far away. But, I do get a little green when I see my friends getting accepted in prestigious schools far, far away. Maybe I'll have better luck with my graduate school. Who knows? So don't worry Shreveport, I'll be with you for atleast four more years.

No comments: