Sunday, May 13, 2007

'Millie' was Thoroughly Fantastic!




I finally saw the locally acclaimed "Thoroughly Modern Millie". It lived up to all of the hype. I was not disappointed. The musical numbers were on the spot and the dancing was awesome. I knew a large number of the cast and have taken drama with them as well. I was very proud. I hope all of Shreveport went out to see it. If not, they were truly missing out. The acting was impressive as well. In most musicals I've noticed the singing is focused on more than the acting, but I never complain ,because I enjoy musicals more. But there was an incredible balance and the singers were very talented. I've been aware of Ansley's talent since the 6th grade and she's only gotten better. Her voice is so beautifully articulated and projected.


My boyfriends younger sister had a pretty significant role in the production and she impressed me as well. She portrayed a dizty, fast-talking aspiring actress. She wore a very cute gray? wig. In the middle of the performance he leaned over to me and said,"The only thing different about her is her hair."


Expect only good things from A.C.T.




No comments: